While tankless water heaters have been around for a while, they are finally becoming obtainable for consumers due to the lower prices increased energy efficiency. If you were on the fence about installing a tankless hot water heater, Mainline Plumbing Inc. offers these reasons may convince you to make the switch when your current tank needs to be replaced.
Reasons You Should Invest in a Tankless Water Heater
- Energy Savings - One reason to switch to a tankless water heater is that you will save more energy. A tankless water heater will only heat water when you're using it, so it doesn't waste energy because it needs to constantly heat a large tank of water 24 hours a day. This makes a tankless water heater ideal for those that are conscious about harm to the environment, since natural gas or electricity is not wasted.
- Cost Savings - If the benefits to the environment are not a concern for you, then maybe the benefits to your bank account will be more enticing. A tankless water heater will drastically reduce your home's energy usage. You could save between 27%-50% on energy use compared to your old water tank, which comes out to approximately $100 per year. Cost savings is going to be relative to how many people are in your home and how much hot water is used. A larger family could see bigger savings since you no longer have to deal with a hot water tank that is constantly heating cold water up to the proper temperature.
- Space Reduction - Do you currently have a hot water tank that takes up a lot of space in your garage, basement, or a utility closet? A tankless model will take up much less space in the home, and allow you to reclaim some of that room for storage once again. A tankless hot water tank is tiny and wall mounted so that it is out of the way. These units can be placed anywhere if there is access to a water line and fuel source, making it ideal for a small home where space saving is a concern.
- Easy Ventilation - A tankless hot water heater can be vented from anywhere in the home as long as you can run a PVC pipe to the outside. If you previously had a direct vent water heater that needed to be tied into your chimney, know that you won't have a similar requirement when it comes to ventilation.
- Endless Hot Water - Do you often find your home running out of hot water? This can happen if multiple people are showering in the morning, you are running the washing machine or need to clean your dishes in the dishwasher. Tankless models heat water on demand as you need it. No more worrying about how long the person is in the shower before you, or if you will have enough hot water left to do the laundry. However, keep in mind that tankless hot water heaters are limited to how much hot water can be used simultaneously. You may need to get a more powerful tankless water heater if you have several full bathrooms where three people shower at the exact same time each morning.
- Affordable Price - The cost of a tankless hot water heater has gone down significantly over the years, and they are now affordable and practical for residential use. On average, a tankless hot water heater costs $1,726 to have installed. While it does cost more than a hot water tank, these units provide many of the previously mentioned benefits that make them worth it over a traditional tank.
Mainline Plumbing Inc. can assist if you need help installing a tankless hot water heater. Dial (209) 560-6652 or contact us online today for service in Modesto!